Sunday, January 02, 2005

Bump Set Spike


I love my volleyball team. Aside from the running, the angry coaches, the jealous bench talk, and the incessant camel toes staring you down everywhere you turn, I love volleyball. And its a real shame I am so bad at it. We played Tucker tonight. We won, but only after one of their girls had a seizure and passed out on the bench. Yeah..We felt bad about winning after that. I did so so. I feel like I get pity played, and from now on I swear I am going to work my spandex off every minute of every practice. because I love the yanking thud of a volleyball during a hit. I love scaling a net and blocking the ball up against a brick wall.

If only I could do it more often. We have a very diverse amazing team. I really feel like I have bonded with each and everyone to a degree. So this afternoon, while waiting for the bus to take us to play, I took pictures. Lots of pictures. Happy ones, angry ones, obscene ones. And one turned out beautifully. It caught the essence of a happy team whose biggest concern is a rash from kneepads. What a great sport.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear someday I will watch you play volleyball. I promise. I promise I promise I promise. And I bet you are great. I love you.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace,
When does volleyball start? It sounds like you have fun but all I am going to say is it is not swimming. (If you dont know who it is now you do ) But seriously I would like to come to one of your games.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home