Sunday, January 02, 2005

Old faces and worn Birkenstocks


We were driving as fast as the Zeppelin tape could play.

We ended up in a graveyard. The Christians locked in their boxes felt us skip above them.

There is a certain kind of satisfaction that comes from sitting among the dead with a friend on a beautiful day. Because you are one of the few people there who can enjoy it. The past had nothing more to say, we found ourselves in the woods.

Running, looking, laughing. Alive. A sudden path stole our breathe away, and we floated to the ground like leaves that have had a good life. It was such a sunny day.

He took my hand. I melted into the leaves

There are not enough places and times like these in the cycle of life. We don't let them happen as much as they should.

I closed my eyes and let the woods watch me for a change.

..Grace

..Lovely

He was home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're numbing.......is that good? I love you.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home