Monday, October 09, 2006

Down in Marietta


The walls of my life are crashing down around me.

I needed that so bad.

The mad scientist and I have closed shop. We had gone bankrupt months ago. It was just time to move on.

And tonight, I did something that I haven't done in years. I dragged an acquaintance out to the middle of nowhere to take pictures.

Standing there, at a tree lined crossroads with a beautiful curiosity of a friend, I remembered something

Something two years lost.

I remembered how I used to be.

The mad scientist was a blast. I learned more than I ever thought I could about a person. But I lost so much of myself. I conformed to fit the mold of the girlfriend. I gave up my coffee drinking soulmate, my lunchbox, my opinions, my innocence.

It just wasn't the right price.

I started conforming to other things in my life. Other's hated liberalism, so I stopped being open about my political views.

This evening, standing there with a curiosity, I felt so refreshed. Like I could find myself again.

But this time, I was more aware of the world around me. These past two years have taught me how to take and give. I'm so much more confident in my soul. I remember now that there is more to this life than the west end.

People are fighting, Love is gone, Secrets are flying, I'm failing AP government.

But somehow, I am so content right now.

Sometimes its more fun to be happy when things are shit than to enjoy when life is perfect. Because you know that everything will work out, and that is simply enough

to keep you smiling .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home