Sunday, January 02, 2005

How far away is Argentina?


My best friend in the entire world is going to another country for 6 months. Argentina.

I am going to miss her too much. The funny thing is, she will probably be closer to me there than where she is now. It is not easy having half of your being on the other side of the country. Maybe it is because of recent events. Perhaps they have made me wake up. Have you ever wandered what would happen if things happened? Where would you go? Am I going to find myself in Seattle watching my soul being buried next Thursday? I am making about as much sense as a nursery rhyme.

Last night, I was sitting here, typing up science notes. And a song that I had never heard but I had lived came on. And she was online, and she is across the country. And he is up the coast. And I am stuck in this bubble of a county, where I can't get amazing opportunities like a northern college or a drum circle or an exchange program. I don't want to be left behind by what I cherish. I could send them money. My voice. Pictures, letters, wishes, hopes. But I can't give her a hug. And it is the one thing that I want. And I hate being here without her. I am not happy here without her.

No one here understands my jokes, no one gets my reasoning. She is probably the only one who understands this damn excuse for a journal. And I want to get on a plane and have her find me at her door tomorrow. But she won't be there. She will be somewhere that I can't find. And that scares me to death. Why do I find myself wrenching the life out of my monitor, screaming at it for not letting me in. Not letting me through the wires to her. It is like death, I suppose. It is something that is out of my control. It is a cycle of energy and life, although I have more trouble adjusting to that then death itself. I don't know when you will be back. I don't even know if I will ever see you again. I miss the ends of my sentences, and I miss feeling like I belong.

But I know that you feel the same way. You have part of my heart, please don't ever forget it. I pray to God that you are safe and happy in what you are about to do. And I miss you more then my own happiness. And next time that you are leaving on a jet plane, maybe I'll be with you

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me a list of everything you want from Argentina. Everything. And it will be sent. I love you.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear grace,
"You have part of my heart, please don't ever forget it. I pray to God that you are safe and happy in what you are about to do. And I miss you more then my own" happiness.

-amira

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home