Sunday, January 02, 2005

Friends of the Lovers


Dear John and Kalene,

Now I am not very good at commitment. That is, I have never had the opportunity to commit to something, or someone for an extended amount of time.

Which is why I admire you guys so much. A year may not seem long to some people. But to someone who is 15 or 16, it's a reasonable section of time. I think we all learn a lot by being acquainted with people in a deep relationship.

-First off, we learn to share. Otherwise there is no sense in staying friends. You guys are young and in love, want to be with each other; we shouldn't give you shit for it. This took me a while to learn, but now I think I get it.

-Second off, you can see how people should interact with each other. A year and no major fights is very impressive, especially when you take into account raging teenage hormones.

-Third, you learn how people deal. For teenagers, you guys went through some very heavy emotional and mental stuff, especially around the beginning of your relationship. Things that adults would probably not understand even. Because I don't think that younger people are given enough credit. They may be hurting over something trivial, but they are still hurting. And this was nothing trivial.

So happy happy anniversary kids. I told you that I would give you a present, but I think that's because I feel like even I have gotten something out of your relationship. I have learned from an outsider's point of view. I hope that you guys never forget what you find important in each other, and I love you guys. -gracon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for John and Kalene! Someday you will have that, and I will be in the front pew at your wedding. No matter how far apart we live. I promise. I love you.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home