Sunday, January 02, 2005

Liberal in the Middle


Okay, Okay. I'm updating. I'm sorry. So November..The elusive month for me.

Every year something happens in November that changes my course of life a notch or two. Suicides, Loves, Divorce, friends, everything. When I was younger, I hated November. Hated it. Because I hated change, and that was exactly what the month stood for. However, I think that as I get older, this month and I will learn to respect each other. It keeps me on my toes, and teaches me to appreciate the things that I have, and to understand that people, things, and life will always change. So what is it this year? So far it has only been my first job. But with November, you never really know. By the way..I am in love with my job. I do not know any other 16 year olds getting paid 8 dollars an hour to dress up and take people to tables and talk to them. Hostessing is great. Speaking of food, I think that I realized another reason why I am a vegetarian. I am obsessed with watching my food. Yes, I know that is bad, but being a vegetarian makes me feel better about eating.

It is not the main reason I do it at all. A large part of it is health. Bush won. Yeah. That is not at all what scares me. What scares me is that the senate and the house and the president are all controlled by republicans. And even that wouldn't be so bad if there hadn't been extreme right wing senators elected. The kind of people who think that single mothers and gays should not be allowed to teach because it is not moral. I really find it ironic sometimes that the same men who are rich and live an affluent lifestyle, and are the prime examples of scandal and capitalism, feel the need to place such extreme moral issues on the plate.

" Yes, I own stock in Haliburton, and I am making a shitload of money off of Iraqi oil fields even though we're not fighting this war for oil. However, that is not important. That is perfectly moral. But single mothers and HOMOSEXUALS teaching in our school system? I do not think so!"

Oh America, no wonder every country hates you. Well I am having a wonderful day..The kind of day that makes no sense since you have had a bad week. But you wake up and things really aren't as bad as they seem. A worthless post, but in the end, we shall let November decide.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amazing said...

There is not worthless post, especially in your case. And I am glad you had a good day that day. Although the world does not go the way we want it to, the world will keep turning. And all we ultimately can take care of is ourselves. And change is good. Most of the time. I love you.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home