Sunday, January 02, 2005

Understanding in a car crash


I had wanted my next post to be happy and optimistic.

Really, I did.

But in the end, blogging is not about trying to display an emotion, and shoveling over the name in the sand. It's about reactions and reasoning and she was so young.

As life is a part of the cycle, we are only part of one segment. The rest of the necklace is not made for us. Death is not part of us. It is a foreign language that scars us with shock. There is the death that we inflict. The death that is slow and coming. And the death that happens in a split second, faster than a blade can slice across a wrist. That is one of the scariest. It is the one that scares us the most.

What happens to those poor souls? Do they have time to cope? To see their life? Does their soul make it to the plane in time?

I have been chided for my feelings over death. When I was little, I used to watch the news in guilt, feeling that I could have somehow prevented the deaths that continually filled up the screen.

Everything deserves to be mourned. Whether it was someone who never did anything, or a tree, or a ladybug. It is all life. All of it is energy transferred, energy that we can no longer understand. In truth, we are not mourning the energy, so much as the loss of the form that it was in. The thoughts and look and personality of that energy. And Jaimee, I hope that it was painless and beautiful for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you EVER die in a car crash. Don't die soon. I love you.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home