Sunday, January 02, 2005

Why Berets and the Busblog will always be cool




If there was one person that I would randomly like to meet and have a conversation with one day, it would have to be Tony Pierce

I think that he is the kind of person that Charles Bukowski was. You either hate him or you love him.

How he conquered this genre of the world I shall never know.

Ever since I started blogging, I have taken things like his invaluable "how to blog" as an example of how people know what they are talking about.

His political rantings make me glad to be one of the few liberals in this conservative vortex of a town. His philosophies make me smile, and his lies make you want to believe.

I admit it. I do secretly aspire to be the kind of unchecked writer that Tony Pierce is. But I can never get out more than a few posts a week.

no one can.

It is therefore my assumption that he cannot be totally human. Or he has an amazing talent. Or too much free time. Or not enough of it. It reminds me of the poem Making It. Read it. Don't read it to your mother.

Maybe it is not so much that he writes so much. Maybe it is that what he writes is really good.

Really.

He is one of those people that you don't know, and who probably gets creeped out that so many people talk like they just had a coffee with him during their lunchbreak. But sometimes you just can't help praising someone, and giggling if they link you. I

haven't read all of his stuff. I'm scared to. There is so much. And so many people and it's really insane. Especially since none of it may be true.

But for now, I will always keep my eyes open for helicopters

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace, I hope you are aware how beautiful your writing is. And although it may seem that there are people better than you, or wiser, or greater, you will always be number one in my heart.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home