Thursday, March 03, 2005


I don't really know what happened.

I got too busy.

But this break has given me so many topics to write about, maybe I just needed some time to let it all build up.

This way, it won't all be repetitive odes to the Mad Scientist.

While I was gone
I went to New York City. There is nothing quite like your first trip there. It is so unreal compared to everything here. It was scary and tiring and so refreshing to take a vacation out of the box.

I feel that I learned a lot while I was there. I'm not sure what knowledge I acquired, or how I acquired it, but it was one of those things that you kind of just know.

The college race is on. I am being flooded with letters every day. It scares me just how much money universities put into advertising. I am really stressed about finding the right college for me. I constantly tell myself that I want to be up north, but I know that I will be homesick. And I just found out that my tuition is only paid if I stay in state. I love this place, I do. But the last people I want to teach me are closed minded ones.

I find that I am the busiest when I don't have my priorities properly aligned. I have been working so much that I spend most of my other free time with William, and on schoolwork. That leaves out my friends, writing, sleeping, relaxing, and being happy. Even though I do enjoy every minute with Will.

Sometimes I wish that we had eight days a week. But it would just make us busier than ever.

Having had a taste of being whirled up by the workforce, and having the limit the people and things that you enjoy, I really do enjoy being young. In fact, I absolutely love it.

God it feels good to write again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I missed your writing, Amazing. I am looking forward to my New York trip in April more and more with every passing day. As for finding the right college, let it feel right. Don't stress out over it. Have a nice day, Grace.

10:58 PM  
Blogger deahsella said...

I get the impression that you are a fairly good student, Grace. Take the things you enjoy most in life and look for them in a college. Do you like being near the country? Look for something rural. You enjoyed New York...maybe something in a city would suit you better...and of course the resources you'll have at your disposal will be quite accessible in a large place. Don't worry so much about the number of students...even if you go to a huge school, you'll find your little group of friends and will be able to make it feel like a small community.

You're right, it *is* a huge decision. But in the end, you will make it work, wherever you choose, even if it is out of state. It will feel right.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish that we had eight days a week. But it would just make us busier than ever..my new favorite grace quote. so simple. yet so true at the same time.

i missed you. like i always do.

--chokey--

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home