Thursday, March 10, 2005


Dear Mom:
The most painful blow that a parent can hit a child with is to shut down something that they are proud of.

way to go.

Yes, granted, I don't let you read my writing too often, but when I do show you something that has gotten raving reviews from teachers, I don't expect the response I got.

Did you copy this?

No mom. I didn't. I write. It came from my own head. These are my thoughts, and it makes me so angry that I can barely even stand when you just toss it aside and say "that's nice". Because you still probably don't believe me.

It's people like you who make me think that I have no talent in this world. It's people like you who don't even believe that I can fucking write something well.

I could come home and tell you that I was the president, and you would think that I bought votes.

That really hurts. More than and yell or scream or punch could.

Way to fucking go.

Grace

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe she meant that its so good, it seems like you copied it from a pro...that could be a compliment.

If it makes you feel any better, one of my college professors told me my writing was "not fitting to read." Today I write for a living and the day I write my first book, she'll get an autographed copy. It's cool. It's just one person's opinon. As Jay-Z says, "Go on brush yo shoulders off." Is there any problem that hip hop can't solve?

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dean Simon, clearly you never had this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A19955-2003Jul7

Seriously, hip hop can solve anything.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa-ho, if you're a chuck taylor-wearin, tattooed, glasses-sportin, punk rock all star, you could very well be the man of my dreams. So buy a Weathermen CD, keep the chucks, and ride your skateboard into the sunset Dean Simon (if that's even the kind of person you are, and really, I just made up what you're like right here, so that could totally be off base). The world needs more good rockers and more hip hop.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica Anne said...

ANYWAY,

Grace, I'm really sorry. I know how it is when you want so bad for someone that close to you to understand and appreciate what you love most, and they just can't. I'm sorry.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Reverse_Vampyr said...

Grace,

It's already been said here, I just wanted to add my sympathy to ya. It sucks to feel like your own parents just won't ever be satisfied with your best. I know where you're coming from there. Hopefully it's like Couch said, and she meant it as a compliment. Either way, you still know you did well. Hopefully she'll come around.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home